Did you know that residential propane gas is the most widely used alternative fuel in homes across America today?
Propane, a by-product of natural gas processing and petroleum refining, is economical, efficient and dependable—and that is just the beginning of its advantages.
Here are five of the biggest reasons to consider switching to residential propane gas throughout your home:
- It’s Efficient. Propane-powered appliances and other equipment deliver better value and comfort compared with most other energy sources—especially electricity—while also reducing monthly and annual energy costs.
- It’s Safe. Propane has a remarkable safety record, due in large part to stringent industry regulations developed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Propane is also nontoxic and nonpoisonous, so it doesn’t contaminate groundwater or soil. That means propane tanks can be safely buried underground near homes where natural gas mains can’t reach.
- It’s “Green.” Propane is a low-carbon alternative fuel that produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than most other energy sources. In fact, propane is an approved clean alternative fuel under both the Clean Air Act of 1990 and the National Energy Policy Act of 1992. And because it burns cleaner, propane equipment lasts longer: An average propane-fueled furnace lasts 5 to 10 years longer than an electric heat pump.
- It’s High-Powered. Propane can easily fuel any of the high-performance amenities in your home while using less energy and keeping you more comfortable compared with heating oil or electric appliances.
- It’s Reliable. Millions of people all over the world use propane to power the most important systems in their homes. It’s a fuel you can count on—even during storms, when the electrical grid is down.
- It’s American! More than 95% of the domestic propane supply is produced within U.S. borders—so choosing propane contributes to America’s energy independence.