We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes due to the cold weather. Please be patient as your call is very important to us. Please be aware that as an alternative to calling you can also use our MY ACCOUNT and LIVE CHAT features on this website.
Propane Gas Safety
Propane is a safe, effective and efficient fuel for your home heating and home comfort systems. But like any energy source, propane requires proper care to operate equipment safely.
Below is a list of general guidelines and propane safety tips for your home. For more detailed safety information, see the Propane Safety Modules, Propane MSDS sheets, and the Grilling and Generator safety pages in this section.
General Propane Safety Guidelines for the Home
- Propane leaks can smell like rotten eggs. Educate your family so they can recognize the smell.
- If you smell a leak, leave the house and contact us or your local fire department immediately. When you leave the house, do not touch any electrical outlets or light switches.
- Propane leak detectors are available at your local hardware stores.
- Know the layout of your gas services lines, especially if you are doing any type of landscaping or renovations.
- If you suspect your gas appliance has been damaged by water or flooding, have a Paraco Gas technician check and service your system.
- All propane furnaces should be cleaned regularly. Refer to your owner’s manual or contact us for cleaning instructions.
- If sediment builds up in your propane-fueled water heater, drain your tank until water runs clean. Refer to your owner’s manual or contact us for instructions.
- Have your propane range serviced if the flames are not blue. Yellow flames indicate blockage to the air inlets, or that an adjustment to the burner may be needed. Contact Paraco for service.
- Do not line your propane range with tinfoil; it constricts air circulation.
- Never use a propane gas range or grill to heat your home.
If you have any questions about propane safety, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out how severe weather will affect you and how you can prepare for it.LEARN MORE >>
BECOME A CUSTOMER
Join our customer family and experience the Paraco Difference for yourself!LEARN MORE >>
Powerful, efficient propane – clean burning and made in America!LEARN MORE >>
PROPANE-POWERED DOG HOUSES?
Blue thinks it’s a doggone good idea.LEARN MORE >>